Hispanic Heritage Month Feature: Diego Cid
Q&A WITH Diego Cid
In recognition of Hispanic Heritage Month, Education Abroad is featuring our Hispanic/Latinx study abroad alumni and sharing their stories and experiences with the UNC Charlotte community.
Meet our next student!
Senior, Marketing Major
- Why did you choose to study abroad? I chose to study abroad because I love traveling and wanted the opportunity to travel and learn about other cultures and perspectives.
- Where did you study abroad and what program? The Global Marketing Practicum Spring Break program to France & Greece (a Faculty Led program traveling to France and Croatia for Spring 2023).
- How would you describe your overall experience abroad? I loved my experience studying abroad, I gained a whole new perspective on the world and memories that I’ll remember for a lifetime.
- Do you have any advice for other Hispanic/Latinx students considering study abroad? Some advice I would give is to just go for it! The world is so big and it’s awesome to see the diversity of other places in the world, especially of your own background.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Studying abroad is such an amazing opportunity and it’s a great way to get out of your comfort zone and gain a better understanding of the world.